These vegan brownies are just amazing. Fudgy and gooey in the middle and they are easy to make.
These brownies are proof that vegan desserts can taste like the real thing. They really hit the spot when you are in mood for something chocolaty and sweet.
The brownies are suitable for a vegan diet. Simply omit the eggs and dairy and you are all good. The best things about this recipe are easy clean up, no milk or milk substitute, no black beans, no chickpeas or other ingredients that is hard to find at your local grocery store.
- Flax Eggs– I have used other substitutes but this one is the best for egg replacement.
- Black Coffee- Coffee brings out the chocolate flavor and no coffee taste.
- Chocolate Chips- I use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip Morsels. I get mine at my local grocery store, but you can also find them in Amazon HERE.
- Sugar- You can use coconut, white or brown sugar for this recipe.
- Vegan Butter– A good quality vegan butter stick
- Vanilla Extract- You know you need this.
- Gluten Free All- Purpose Flour- I use King Arthurs Gluten Free Flours. It’s great for this recipe. You can use regular flour too.
- Cocoa Powder- Unsweetened and natural cocoa powder.
- Baking Powder- This helps the brownies to rise
- Salt- it brings the sweetness to the brownies.
- First prepare the flax egg by combining the ground flaxseed with the brewed coffee. Let it sit for 10 minutes for a gel to form.
- Next, melt the chocolate, either in the microwave or using a small saucepan over the stove. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar and butter until smooth. Add the vanilla extract, melted chocolate, and prepared flax eggs and whisk well, until combined and glossy. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix until just combined. If you like, fold through more chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter into a greased square pan. Preheat oven at 350 and bake the brownies for 27-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out mostly clean.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool completely, before slicing and serving.
Tips to make the best recipe.
- Do not over-mix the batter. It can cause the brownies to be crumbly.
- Avoid over-baking the brownies, the result can cause the brownies to be dry.
- For ultra gooey brownies, remove them around the 30-minute mark. If you’d prefer more chewy vegan brownies, keep them closer to 35 minutes.
- For easy removal, keep an inch of extra parchment paper/baking paper hanging over the sides. Once your brownies are ready to cut, simply remove from the pan and slice.
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoon brewed coffee can use for water
- 2 cup vegan chocolate chips divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare your flax egg by combining your ground flaxseed with your brewed (chilled) coffee. Let it sit for 10 minutes, to form a gel.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, melt one cup of chocolate chips of choice. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your vegan butter and coconut sugar, and whisk well. Add in your prepared flax eggs, melted chocolate, vanilla, and almond extract, and mix well, until glossy.
- Sift through your flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder and mix until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold through the remaining chocolate chips.
- Transfer your brownie batter into the lined pan. Bake your brownies for 27-30 minutes.
- Remove brownies from the oven and let cool completely, before slicing into 12 pieces.