I made these hamburger buns for dinner a dew days ago and I still had two left and a little left of sausage so biscuits and gravy was born.
Here is the link to make the Hamburger buns HERE
Biscuits with gravyCourse: SidesCuisine: SouthernDifficulty: Moderate
1 lb Breakfast Sausage
2 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1/4 cup beef broth or stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon xanthan gum with warm to thicken the gravy
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook the Sausage. Set aside.
- To the same saucepan add in the cream cheese, heavy cream and bring up the heat as you whisk the mixture. About 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage and the xanthan gum to the gravy and continue to whisk for 2-3 minutes until the Sausage Gravy is thickened.
- Add broth to thin it out.
- I added 2 teaspoons of pepper flakes to give it a little bit this optional
- You can chicken stock if you don’t have beef broth