Raised by Portuguese parents, our food had a lot of potatoes, rice, bread and many sweets. It was hard to flip myself and cut a few of the food in my life. Its hard not to eat it especially my mom makes still makes yummy food.
There is some foods it will be hard to make keto, low carb and even dairy free but I have been trying. This is the first one I have changed it up and came out really good and I didn’t the rice.
I will have recipes coming in this blog with some revamps on Portuguese foods. So stay soon.
Portuguese Mozambique style shrimp with cauliflowerCourse: DinnerCuisine: PortugueseDifficulty: Moderate
Portuguese Mozambique style shrimp with cauliflower
2 cups of cauliflower rice
1/2 onion. minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup of white wine
1/2 cup seafood or vegetable stock
3 Tablespoons parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon of pepper flakes
1 package Sazon Goya
120oz bag medium shrimp
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (or cornstarch with water)
- Saute onions and garlic with avocado oil till its translucent
- Then add your shrimp till cooked
- Add the wine and stock then add the sazon to the mixture
- Then add the remaining of the ingredients to the mixture.
- If its still watery then add the xanthan gum or cornstarch to it