In need of a lite and flavorful dressing or sauce? We’ve got you covered. Our Olive Oil and Lemon Dressing – Ladolemono, is perfect for that summer salad or grilled seafood!
Oil and lemon sauce, called ladolemono and pronounced lah-tho-LEH-mo-no, is a classic topping for grilled fish. The sauce can be used in many ways to enhance the flavors of all kinds of seafood, but you’ll find many other uses for it as well like vegetables. I love it on salad and dipping sauce for chicken. Honestly its really good!
HOW TO MAKE OLIVE OIL AND LEMON DRESSING – LADOLEMONO
Combine fresh lemon juice, sea salt, minced garlic Greek oregano, fresh ground black pepper in a mixing bowl and whisk together. Slowly add extra virgin olive oil and continue to whisk together until well blended. Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
HOW LONG DOES THIS KEEP IN THE FRIDGE?
Make the Ladolemono ahead of time and refrigerate for up to two weeks. Just be sure to whisk it well before using as the oil and lemon will separate, as most dressings do.
- If you don’t have a blender, you can use a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake it vigorously until the sauce thickens to a cream consistency. Another option is to place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a whisk.
- Serve the sauce on the side so your family or guests can add as little or as much of it as they like to their meals. But be warned, the sauce will separate a little after it sits for a while. You might be best off serving a just small quantity of the sauce on the table, then you can re-whisk in the kitchen when you refill the serving bowl.
- You can also brush the sauce onto chicken breasts or fish fillets prior to cooking.
- A less authentically Greek version of this sauce adds 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- You can use regular oregano if you don’t or can’t find Greek oregano
Olive Oil and Lemon DressingCourse: DressingCuisine: Greek
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic, finely minced
1 tsp dried Greek oregano
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine fresh lemon juice, sea salt, minced garlic, Greek oregano, fresh ground black pepper in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Slowly add extra virgin olive oil and continue to whisk together until well blended.
- Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 388mg | Potassium: 10mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg