Low Carb Stuffed CabbageCourse: Dinner, LunchesCuisine: Italian
I love stuffed cabbage but I always made with rice so I changed it up a little using instead cauliflower rice and hot sausage. Let’s say it didn’t last in my house and their were no leftovers.
1 large cabbage
3 cups of steamed rice cauliflower
1 lb ground meat or sausage (I used hot sausage)
salt and pepper to taste
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 peppers, finely diced
1/4 cup fresh parsley, diced ( 2 TBSP dried parsley)
2 tsp paprika
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp white vinegar
2 tsp oregano
2 cups tomato sauce
- Preheat oven 350
- Core the cabbage.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rapid boil.
- Add the cabbage and blanch it for 15 minutes, turning often or until leaves are softened.
- Gently separate leaves.
- Carefully cut out the center vein from 10 of the largest leaves and set the leaves aside.
- Cook the ground meat or sausage in a large pan; drain and set aside
- Pour olive oil in pan and sauté the onions, garlic and peppers. Then add all the seasonings to it.
- Pour the meat and cauliflower rice to the mixture; mix well
- To make the filling
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Place about ½ cup of the filling in the center of the leaf. Fold bottom half of leaf over filling, then fold in sides and roll up tightly.
- Place the cabbage rolls side by side in rows, seam-side down, in a baking dish
- The cabbage rolls should be tightly packed in a single layer.
- To make the sauce, in a bowl combine the tomato sauce, olive oil, vinegar, dried oregano and garlic powder.
- Pour the sauce over the cabbage rolls.
- In the oven and let it bake for 20 minutes