Lemon Creamy Chicken with mushrooms and spinachCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Moderate
4-6 chicken breasts , cut in half
4 tablespoons butter or butter substitute
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 package sliced mushrooms
2 cups spinach
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup of heavy cream or milk substitute
2 tablespoon xanthan gum ( or 1 tablespoons cornstarch with water)
½ cup of parmesan cheese (or ¼ cup nutritional yeast)
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
Salt and pepper
- In a skillet or pan, heat olive oil and butter. Fry the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes each side in medium heat until both sides are golden brown. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set them aside. You may sprinkle the chicken with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Using the same pan, add the mushrooms and spinach. Then put the minced garlic and saute until soft. Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, lemon juice, xanthan gum, parmesan cheese and the rest of the ingredients. Adjust the taste by adding salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes or until the sauce becomes creamy or thick as desired.
- If the sauce is not thick enough mix 1 TBSP of flour or cornstarch to 1 TBSP of water and pour it into the sauce.
- It’s time to combine all together. Put back the chicken and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Lastly, if you like, you can add more shredded parmesan on top and parsley.
- Remove immediately from heat.
- Serve hot with a choice of cauliflower rice or pasta. Enjoy!