Keto Clam ChowderCourse: SoupsCuisine: American
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup onions, finely sliced
1 cup celery, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup arrowroot powder
3 cups cauliflower stems, cubed to look like potatoes
2 cups chicken or veggie broth/stock
3 cans minced clams
1 bottles clam juice
Salt and Pepper
1 tsp thyme
1 ½ cup heavy cream
- In a small pan, add water and cauliflower. Cook till the stems are soft. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and add onions, celery and garlic. Saute till the onions and celery are cooked. Add the xanthan gum and stir it well.
- Pour in the chicken stock/broth and add the cauliflower. Simmer on medium 10 minutes
- Add the 3 cans of minced clams and the bottle of clam juice with all the seasonings. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes
- Pour in slowly the heavy cream and stir for a few. Let it cook in low heat for 20 minutes more. At this time you add bacon (optional) and or thicken your chowder.
- Serve with keto crackers
- If you are not gluten senstive, you can use all purpose flour.
- If you want the chowder to be more thicker, add 1 tsp xanthan gum or cornstarch with water. This will be low carb but it won’t be keto.
- If you want to add bacon to the chowder, fry the bacon and use the bacon grease to cook the onions, garlic and celery. Add the crumbled bacon at the end of the cooking and stir it in