his bread is not just Keto but also Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Paleo. I really loved the texture of it and how well it toasted. You want to make sure when you whip the eggs whites than they should be fluffy or it won’t work. Remember also gently mix in the egg yolk mixture. You want the bread batter to be completely mixed through, but over mixing will cause the air pockets to deflate and your bread won’t be as tall.
Keto BreadCourse: Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Moderate
This light and fluffy bread is perfect for sandwiches, french toast, and even toasting! The calories and nutritional fact is based on 1 slice of bread
10 eggs separated
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
8 tablespoons melted butter, ghee, or coconut oil (add 1/4 teaspoon salt if using coconut oil)
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
3 tablespoons substitute sugar like stevia or monk fruit
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375*F and prepare a loaf pan by greasing well with coconut oil, or (my preferred method) lining with parchment paper and then greasing that.
- Whip the egg whites and cream of tartar (I like to use a whip attachment in a stand mixer) until stiff peaks form. This is the most important step for making sure your bread becomes fluffy and tall and not dense and flat.
- Mix the egg yolks, melted butter, almond flour, coconut flour, stevia, and sea salt in a separate bowl until well combined. If it is too thick to mix well, add a little bit of the egg white (before whipping) to it until you can easily mix it.
- Once the egg whites are fluffy, throughly but quickly and gently mix in the egg yolk mixture. You want the bread batter to be completely mixed through, but over mixing will cause the air pockets to deflate and your bread won’t be as tall.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth with a spatula. Batter should come up to about 1 inch below the top of the loaf pan; if there is extra, bake in a small custard cup or muffin pan. Sprinkle the top if desired with extra almond flour. We just sprinkle the top with flour to give it a more ‘bread like’ appearance.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove from the pan and remove parchment paper and allow to cool completely on a metal cooling rack before slicing into 10 slices.
- Standard-sized metal loaf pan is used for this recipe, I use this one.
- Nutrition facts assume 10 slices of bread are cut per loaf