This gooey low carb sugar-free caramel sauce recipe requires only 4 ingredients and 10 minutes, and it’s just like the real thing.. Learning how to make keto caramel sauce is super EASY!
The caramel sauce is a great to add to ice cream, your coffee, desserts, pancakes, fruit and also yummy waffles. This recipe can be converted to syrup by adding more heavy cream and less stirring.
How do you make a sugar free caramel sauce?
- Butter– Salted and cubed butter. Always try to use butter from a block and not from a spread (tub), as the latter usually has added fillers and water that can make the final syrup slightly gritty.
- Allulose– The ONLY sugar free sweetener that will work properly for the syrup. Allulose mimics white sugar and does not crystalize at room temperature. Do not try using erythritol, monk fruit syrup, or Splenda, as the caramel will become gritty.
- Heavy Cream– Also known as thickened cream or double cream.
- Vanilla Extract– It brings all the ingredients together at the end.
How to store the Caramel Sauce
You can store this low carb caramel sauce in the refrigerator. It will solidify in the fridge, so you’ll want to reheat it before serving. The best way to do this is on the stove over low heat, stirring frequently.
It’s important that the temperature rises gradually when you reheat the sugar-free caramel sauce. Otherwise, you run the risk of “shocking” it, leading to separation of the oils. If you start to notice this happening, sometimes you can recover the caramel sauce by pureeing it in a blender until it emulsifies and becomes smooth again.
How To Make Sugar Free Caramel SauceCourse: DessertCuisine: American
This gooey low carb sugar-free caramel sauce recipe requires only 4 ingredients and less than 15 minutes.
1/3 cup butter
4 Tablespoons Allulose
2/3 cup Heavy cream
1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Melt the butter and sweetener together in a medium-large saucepan over low heat. Once melted, cook for about 3-4 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. (Watch it carefully to avoid burning.)
- Add the cream. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 7-10 minutes, continuing to stir occasionally, until the mixture is a caramel color and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in the vanilla extract.