I don’t mind not eating some foods now that I have been counting down on the carbs but the one thing I mess the most is CEREAL!!! I used to cereal every morning with a slice of banana and I swear I still crave for it especially Rice Crispies. I know I am boring but that’s what I loved.
I was looking at a few keto cereals and wow they are expensive. They look but definitely not in my budget so I looked and looked. I pretty much just put stuff together to see if worked and here is the result for this.
Homemade Granola/CerealCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Moderate
- In a Bowl
1 cup almonds
1 cup cashews
1 cup walnuts
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1/3 cup chia seeds
Dried fruit like blueberries if you have any but optional
- In a pan
1/2 cup erythritol
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup of butter
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
Water- as much as you need it
- Preheat oven at 375
- Put all your nut ingredients in a bowl
- if the nuts are whole put them in a blender and pulse it a few times so then can in small pieces.
- In the pan melt your sugar and stir to have a nice thick texture. Keep adding water slowing into pan.
- Pour glaze over the nut mixture and stir it well
- Add to a glass or square pan the mixture but make sure you have lithe pan covered with parchment paper and sprayed.
- In the oven for 15 min or until golden brown in the edges. Ley it cool and put into a zip lock bag or air tight container
- You can also add cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin spice to the mixture before it goes in the oven