Blackened Seasoning is a flavorful spice that will elevate almost any protein! Spicy (but not too spicy) this mix is great on any fish like salmon, steak, chicken and more!
What You Will Need
- paprika: feel free to use a smoked paprika here if you want add even more depth to this spice.
- onion powder + garlic powder: these are classic flavors here and pair perfectly together.
- cayenne pepper: here is the spice! Use more cayenne pepper if you want to up that spice level even more.
- dried oregano leaves + dried thyme leaves + dried basil: these are a bit more earthy and savory.
- salt + ground black pepper: always gotta add a little salt and pepper!
What is Blackened Seasoning
Blackened seasoning is similar to a cajun seasoning – both are quite spicy and flavorful with a combination of savory and spice. That being said, the blackened seasoning isn’t quite as spicy as the cajun (although you do have control over that). Overall, it is a strong, flavorful spice!
- Spice: if you want to up the spice level use another 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 6 months.
- Use: use it for salmon and other fish, chicken, shrimp or steak
Blackened SeasoningCourse: Rubs, Spices, MarinteCuisine: SouthernDifficulty: Easy
An easy and simple gluten-free blackening spice recipe that is made in just seconds!
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons granulated garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried basil
1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix all the ingredients together and enjoy this wonderful spice rub!