Dill Pickle Coleslaw is a fun twist on classic coleslaw that is a perfect side dish for warmer seasons. Simply make a coleslaw dressing with pickle juice, fresh dill, mayo and chopped dill pickles then mix with a cold and crunchy coleslaw blend of shredded cabbage and carrots. You can buy premade coleslaw or cut your own veggies.
The coleslaw dressing is easy and can be made dairy free and vegan by using vegan mayo. Their is a variety that I have seen in the grocery store or make your own.
If you are looking for one, I know that I have used this one and I liked it. I have make my own too so its really up to you.
The mayo I use is from Primal Kitchen. You can buy this product in any grocery store, Walmart and Amazon. The average price is $5.99 but its worth it, even my husband likes it.
What you will need to make the coleslaw dressing
You will need
- Mayo (of your choice)
- Dill Pickle Juice
- Dried Dill
- Celery Seeds
- Garlic Powder
- Salt, to taste
- Diced pickles(optional)
- Sugar or sweetener
How to make coleslaw
- Prepare the homemade coleslaw dressing.
- Shred cabbage and grate the carrot.
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients, add the dressing and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate the coleslaw for 30 minutes before serving
Dill Pickle Coleslaw DressingCourse: Dressing, SidesDifficulty: Easy
Dill Pickle Coleslaw is a fun twist on classic coleslaw that is a perfect side dish for warmer seasons.
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup pickle juice
2 teaspoons fresh dill, minced
1 teaspoon celery seeds
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute (optional)
1/3 cup diced dill pickle (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, add pickle juice, mayo, dill, salt, pepper, garlic powder, celery seeds and 1 tablespoon of sugar; stir well and set aside
- In another large bowl, add coleslaw mix and diced dill pickles if you want to add them. Add the dressing mixture to the coleslaw mix
- Toss everything together until fully combined. If you enjoy a stronger pickle or dill flavor, feel free to add in more chopped pickles or fresh dill.
- Before serving, chill coleslaw in the fridge for about 30 minutes to 1 hour to let all the flavors marinate.
- Make the coleslaw ahead of time is the best way to do it. The flavors will come together well and Serve cold.