I really love mac and cheese but the daughter just LOVES it but being it full of dairy, it something she misses after cutting some dairy in her food.
Again as a Pinterest junkie, I have researches and dried various recipes which came out not so good or something would be missing in the ingredients. Finally got it and I am telling you, its so delicious that even my husband and son loved to it with my daughter when I make it.
Enjoy and let me know how you like it or if you have any questions on it.
Diary Free Mac and CheeseCourse: dinner, Lunch, SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Intermediate
2 sweet potatoes or 1 potato
2 cups of pasta of your choice
3 tablespoons of herb and garlic
1/3 cup of nutrimental yeast
1 cup of shredded dairy-free/vegan yellow cheese
1 cup of shredded dairy free/vegan mozzarella cheese
4oz container dairy-free yogart
2 cups of veggie broth
1 stick of dairy free/vegan butter
garlic, salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- Boil potato and sweet potatoes till soft then mix well using your blender or cake mixer. Add garlic and herb seasoning to the mix. Use some of the veggie broth to smooth it together almost a soup constancy
- Boil your pasta and set aside
- Take your potato mixer and add the melted butter and more of the seasonings to the mix
- Add the yeast mix and the shredded cheese. Keep stirring and adding the rest of the veggie broth to the mixer. If you its to much liquid add more yeast to the mix.
- Add your pasta to the mixer and add your paprika and optional Dijon mustard if you like a little tang to it.
- Its ready to eat but you can bake it if you like.
- Keto followers: yellow and cauliflower is the replacement
- if you don’t have sweet potatoes you can use squash or carrots