Coconut ShrimpCourse: Dinner, Fish and SeafoodDifficulty: Easy
Medium to large cooked shrimp (leave the tails on)
2 cups of shredded coconut
1 cups coconut flour
3 large eggs(beaten)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Place a nonstick wire rack onto a lined baking sheet. Spray or brush the rack with oil
- Pat dry the shrimp
- Arrange 3 bowls- 1st bowl will have the beaten eggs, 2nd bowl with coconut flakes and the 3rds bowl will have the flour and the seasonings.
- Dredge the shrimp in the coconut flour mixture, sip in the egg mixture shaking off the excess and finally press/roll in the coconut flakes. Place it on the wire rack and repeat the process till you are done with all the shrimp
- Bake the shrimp for 5 minutes and flip then to cook for another 6 minutes until firm. Place under the broiler for 2 minutes until golden brown. I add a little melted butter on the shrimp but this is optional
- No coconut flour? you can use regular flour, gluten flower, almond flour, whey protein or psyllium husk
- I use organic coconut because I am allergic to other ones on the market.