I miss bread and this journey with keto , its hard not to miss bread but I love trying new recipes that I can use. Cloud bread is 3 ingredients and pretty easy to make. The egg whites need to blended in medium speed till it give you peaks. Don’t forget the cream of tartar, this will help the egg whites to form or another alternate is salt.
Cloud BreadDifficulty: Easy
3 eggs, room temperature
3 tbsp cream cheese, softened
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Carefully separate egg whites from yolks. Place whites in one bowl and yolks in another.
- In the bowl of egg yolks, add cream cheese and mix together with a hand mixer until well-combined.
- In the bowl of egg whites, add cream of tartar and salt. Using a hand mixer, mix together at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pouring slowly, add yolk mixture to egg whites and carefully fold in until there are no white streaks.
- Spoon mixture onto prepared baking sheet about ½ to ¾ inches tall and about 5 inches apart.
- Bake in oven on middle rack for 30 minutes, until tops are lightly golden.
- Allow to cool (they will likely be too crumbly directly out of the oven) and enjoy!
- Before it goes in the oven you can sesame or everything bagel topping for extra flavoring