My son makes the best chicken marsala but its hard for me to eat because he uses flower to thicken the gravy and its hard not eat. At the end, my body hurts and I feel I am going to explode with the gluten. So I revised the recipe that now I can eat it and not suffer in the outcome.
Chicken MarsalaCourse: DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Moderate
1 package of chicken breast, cut up in cubes
1 tablespoon of avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 shallot or small onion, diced
2 packages of mushrooms
1 cup of Marsala wine
1 cup of chicken broth or stock
1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in skillet and cook chicken until nice and golden brown
- In another pan add butter, shallots or onions, mushrooms and cook for 8 to 10 min. Stir frequently until liquid is mostly evaporated. Add wine, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken to the sauce and cook for another 3 to 5 min.
- To thicken sauce you can use corn starch but if you are doing keto then use psyllium husk powder
- added 2 tablespoons of gravy master to the dish. The family loves it this way.
- To make this meal dairy free just substitute the butter with dairy-free butter