Yes saw that right. This can a nice chili with some homemade cornbread or a dip at a party with some chips on the side. Its so hearty and so good that it can be used either or.
Chicken Chili (or Dip)Course: Dinner, DipCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This chicken chili is great and hearty. I put the leftovers in the freezer and then had it as dip when I was watching the hockey with my husband. Such a versatile recipe.
1 lbs ground chicken or shredded chicken breast
1/3 cup of chili seasoning
1 green pepper, dice
1 red pepper, diced
1 small garlic, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 celery sticks, diced
1 jalepeno, unseeded and diced
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 cups chicken or veggie broth
3oz cream cheese or nondairy substitute
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Cook your ground chicken or chicken breast
- Drain liquid and set aside
- Dice your veggies, onions, garlic. In a Dutch pot add olive oil and the ingredients. Saute for 10 to 15 minutes
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, chicken broth and the jalapeno
- Add 1/3 cup of water and the tomato paste. Stir well till it’s all incorporated.
- Add your chicken and chili seasoning. Cook and stir occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Drop the 3oz cream cheese and nutrienial yeast and stir until cheese is melted
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Let it cook for another 15-20 minutes
- Ready to serve with shredded cheese and sour cream in top.
- To make it nondairy omit the cream cheese and add 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast for the cheesy taste or nondairy shredded cheese
- If you don’t have the yeast then you can 1 tablespoon of water and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch or xanthan gum
- You can add beans if you like but I didn’t to make it low carb for me.