What is tomato confit? The tomatoes are seasoned generously with olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs. You are roasting the tomatoes slowly on a low temp and so good. The aroma and the taste of the tomato confit is amazing. I used it so much that I tripled the batch. Oh it’s that addicting.
Cherry Tomato Confit
What is tomato confit? The tomatoes are seasoned generously with olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs. You are roasting the tomatoes slowly on a low temp and so good.
3 pints of cherry tomatoes
1 cup of olive oil
4-6 gloves of garlic, minced
10- 12 fresh bay leaves
8 sprigs of fresh thyme
3 sprigs fresh oregano
2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven 250
- Combine all the ingredients and leave the fresh seasonings they way they are and mix it well with the olive oil
- Put the ingredients into a shallow pan and put it in the oven for 2 to 3 hours until tomatoes are cooked
- Remove the bay leaves, thyme and oregano
- Let it cool and put the mixture in a mason jar or sealed container.
- This will last in the refrigerator up to 3 months
- A second version of this is using dry ingredients and leaving them in the mixture which i did this time around
- Dried bay leaves, dried thyme and dried oregano – 2 tablespoons each
- You can add on top fresh bread with cheese, crackers or on top of chicken or steak.