As I keep going with this lifestyle of Keto, I have realized that I miss a few things like bread. I really miss having garlic bread with my dinner especially with my pasta (my pasta vegan base and its really good).
From the last post when I made the cauliflower pizza crust, I had a lot leftover of the cauliflower rice. So why not make bread sticks with it. It came out really but I definitely let it stay longer in the oven because I like it crispier.
Cheesy “Bread” Sticks
- Preheat the oven at 425
- Combine all the ingredients together except for the yellow/white cheese mix and reserve 2 tablespoons of the Italian seasoning.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper (NOT wax paper, it will burn) and brush olive oil on it.
- Form cauliflower mixture into large oval or square for your crust with your hands on parchment. Using a rolling pin, make thickness as even as possible. Carefully slide parchment onto preheated pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Bake cauliflower crust until golden brown and firm to the touch, rotating halfway through, 20–25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the 1 cups of cheese mix and spread the Italian seasoning on top.
- Back in the oven and bake until bubbly and browned in spots, 5–7 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes, then cut into strips of bread sticks or I did them in squares.
- If needed, add a little more almond flour if the texture is still to soft. You should be able to hold mixture when you pinch it.
- I put the rest into a plastic container and layered them with parchment paper so they don’t stick together. They are good for a week and heat them in the microwave.