Juicy chicken burgers made with ground chicken and flavored with Ranch seasoning mix and cheddar cheese right in the burger. These chicken burgers are so full of flavor, you can make it into a burger or eat it with a side dish. It takes only 30 minutes (and gluten free!) to make and the burgers are easily reheated for an even faster meal.
Ingredients in Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Burgers
Ground Chicken – lean ground chicken is used in this recipe, but I think ground turkey could work, as well!
Breadcrumbs – gluten free breadcrumbs but you can use regular bread crumbs or panko breadcrumbs in this recipe
Egg – acts as a binder for the lean chicken and breadcrumbs
Garlic and Onions– mince them well before adding to the ground chicken
Ranch seasoning – I used a packet of ranch seasoning dressing mix but you make your own to make this dairy free. You can grab that recipe HERE.
Shredded Cheddar Cheese – I added the cheese to the actual burger but you can omit it to make the burger dairy free.
How to make these burgers
Mince onion as small as you can and then smash and mince the garlic. Combine all ingredients in the mixing bowl and mix until evenly incorporated throughout.
Cover a baking sheet or a large cutting board with parchment paper and shape the burger patties. You want to shape all the patties before starting to cook so that the burgers cook at the same time.
Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat and add oil. Cook burgers for 6-8 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the burgers. I cooked mine in my griddle outside and took 8 minutes to cook burgers.
How To Make Ranch Seasoning Mix
Are you ready to learn how to make ranch seasoning that is guilt-free and just plain good? There is seriously nothing to it, and you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry.
All you do is mix these spices in a glass jar:
- 1 tablespoon Dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried dill
- 1 teaspoon Dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
Mix all the ingredients together and add to your burger mix to make the recipe.
How To Make Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 batch Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix (above)
- 2/3 cup Avocado mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Water (to thin)
Cheddar Ranch Chicken BurgersCourse: Main, SandwichCuisine: American
2 lbs ground chicken
1/2 cup gluten free or plain bread crumbs
1 oz ranch seasoning mix
3 garlic cloves smashed and minced
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (or dairy free cheese)
- Combine all ingredients in the mixing bowl and mix until evenly incorporated throughout.
- Cover a baking sheet or a large cutting board with parchment paper and shape the burger patties. You want to shape all the patties before starting to cook so that the burgers cook at the same time.
- Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat and add oil. Cook burgers for 6-8 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the burgers. You can also use a griddle or grill.