Cauliflower is a great way of replacing potatoes and sweet potatoes in your life. Being Portuguese, lets say potatoes is the staple of most of our meals so this was hard for me to really grasp it but I didn’t it.
These recipes are easy to make and make it as part of your meal plan for the week. The best tip I can tell you when you start Keto or any kind of healthy change, PLAN AHEAD!!! This will be the stepping stone to see the results you looking for.
Before you start any of these recipes, you want the chopped well(rice like texture) and then warm it up in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Take a small towel or cheesecloth and ring out the excess water from the cauliflower. If you don’t do this the crust will take longer to bake.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Before you start any of these recipes, you want the cauliflower chopped well (rice like texture) and then warm it up in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Take a small towel or cheesecloth and ring out the excess water from the cauliflower. If you don’t do this the crust will take longer to bake.
- Preheat the oven at 425
- Combine all the ingredients together. If needed, add a little more almond flour if the texture is still to soft. You should be able to hold mixture when you pinch it.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper (NOT wax paper, it will burn) and brush olive oil on it
- Form cauliflower mixture into any circle for your pizza crust with your hands on parchment. Using a rolling pin, make thickness as even as possible.
- Carefully slide parchment onto preheated pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Bake cauliflower crust until golden brown and firm to the touch, rotating halfway through, 20–22 minutes.
- I made small ones and put them in the frig when I make pizza this week for the family. The crusts are good up to 3 days in the frig.
- If you are making the pizza at that moment, then remove from oven. Sprinkle with 1 cups mozzarella. Top with sauce, using the back of a spoon to spread over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella. You will need to add more cheese for the topping or just at the sauce and other fixings like pepperoni, mushrooms, etc…
- Slide pizza back onto pizza stone or baking sheet and continue to bake until bubbly and browned in spots, 5–7 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes, then cut into 6–8 wedges.