Avocado Spinach Dip is perfect for parties, potlucks, or every day snacking. Serve with pita chips, crackers, or vegetables.
A FEW TIPS:
- Make sure you use ripe avocados.
- I used our food processor to make the dip. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a blender, just make sure you scrape down the sides of the blender several times and blend again. You want the dip to be smooth.
- The dip is fabulous with store-bought pita chips, tortilla chips, crackers, or cut up vegetables.
- To store the dip, press a piece of plastic wrap against the surface of the dip to prevent it from browning. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- The dip makes a great healthy snack for parties, game day, potlucks, picnics, and barbecues.
Avocado Spinach DipCourse: Snacks, Dips, AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: easy
1 large or 2 small avocados , halved and pitted
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice or more if needed
1 clove garlic roughly chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups packed baby spinach about 1 ½ ounces
- Using a spoon, scoop the avocado flesh into a food processor. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper flakes, and several twists of black pepper. Blend until smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides as necessary. Add the spinach and pulse until they are roughly chopped, 15 to 20 times, pausing to scrape down the sides if necessary. Season to taste with additional salt or lemon juice, if needed.
- Transfer the dip to a small serving bowl and serve with pita chips, crackers, or veggies.
- Note-To store the dip, press plastic wrap against the surface to prevent it from browning. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. For gluten-free, serve with vegetables or gluten-free crackers or chips.